Family Visas banner


Home / Services / Immigration Law / Family Visas

Family Visas and Ancenstry Visas UK

There are several different types of family visas depending on what you are coming to the UK to do. You may be joining your partner or parent, coming to look after your child or coming to look after an adult who needs to be looked after by a relative.

The different types of family visas include:

  • Spouse/Civil Partnership/Unmarried Partner visa – if you wish to join your partner in the UK
  • Fiancé(e) visa – if you wish to join your fiancé(e) in the UK
  • Dependant visa – if you are an adult dependent related to someone present and settled in the UK
  • Child visa – if you have successfully entered the UK and want to bring your family with you
  • Ancestry visa – if your parent or grandparent was born in the UK and you wish to settle in the UK

Whatever your reason for wanting to come to the UK it is important that you understand what is required in your application. You will also need to know what you can and can’t do if your application is successful.

UK immigration law is extremely complex and is constantly changing. However, some people choose to complete the application process using information they can find online. The slightest mistake on your application will almost definitely lead to it being refused. This will also make future appeals and future applications much more complicated.

You are much more likely to have your application accepted first time if you get professional help. Advice from a solicitor who really understands the law is essential.

Our team of expert immigration lawyers can give you advice that is unique to your circumstances. They will also advise you on all the documentation you need to provide and help prepare you application. We will ensure your applications meets all the eligibility criteria to fully satisfy the UKVI requirements.

Need advice on an Immigration Law matter?

Contact us today in London (West Drayton) on 01895 449288 or in Hertfordshire (St Albans) on 01727 840900 or by email.